Saturday, September 4, 2010

the endless saturday

Travel days, how I never missed you! Left Calgary on time and smoothly, Air Canada is a good plane so...

LAX, what a huge place, confusing and busy. I thought it was cloudy out, but it was supposedly just a bad smog day. By the time we got our bags, ate some lunch, we would only of had 4 hours in LA and we had our bags because Air Canada does not connect with Pacific Air with baggage transfers. Wasn't to bad a wait but, we were ready to get to Fiji and the time was not passing fast enough. Plane was packed and I don't think you can find an older plane in the air, you know when ashtrays are in the armrests of the seat you know your in for a rough ride.

Air Pacific was nothing to write home about so how about I don't and keep this more positive.  10 hours of pain and agony got us here finally. I have never seen so much luggage, I know it was alot of people but I heard someone say 16 pieces for their family, WHAT!!!! Probably for a week or two long trip too, we have tiny little packs for a year or longer, Crazy people!

Our plane landed early, 4:40 am and we made it to Beachside Resort in one piece.  Cute little place out of the way to relax and get organized for the next 24 ish days here in Fiji.  We have slept( sort of ), ate, swam, settled in, and soon will make some plans, maybe mudbaths. AWESOME!

Everyone feels so far away, and it's been hard to wrap our heads around not working, how to just relax and enjoy the ride.  It's only the first day which just happens to be Saturday here, how fitting, plenty of time to get on Fiji time.....miss you all, family and friends, keep in touch.

Will post pictures soon.

A and Ray

7 comments:

  1. Quick aren't I? You only posted an hour ago. But I am stocking you to see how you are. It is so weird that you are there, and not sitting here. Can't wait to see pictures of Fiji. Enjoy your time. Can I say it again? So, weird that you are so far. Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you made it there safe and sound! I hope you are really enjoying your trip so far, other than the fun plane ride :)

    Cant wait to see pics!!

    ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your terrible plane ride will soon be forgotten as you enjoy Figi.....will be waiting to see some pics.....please think of us on Sunday as we enjoy the 10 degree celsius weather....love you, Dad and Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you two I was thinking about you and telling my coworkers how you were on your way to Fiji I must say they are all jealous including me. I am so glad you are safe and sound sorry about the flight. Can't wait to see pics! Have an awesome time. Huggs! Carole and family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tuesday....waiting, waiting for another blog post....hope all is well and you are having tons of good times ♥♥♥ Dad and Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all is sun and fun!! LoveM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Raymond it's your old uncle Bob. So glad to hear about your exciting trip, have great adventures and wonderful experiences. If you are thinking of being in Europe I might be in France late April early May.

    wishing you all the best

    M'oncle Bob

    ReplyDelete